from Resistance Ecology
“WE NEED YOUR HELP!
Dear friends, allies, and supporters,
We would like to formally ask for your help and participation in building this movement. There are several ways that you can help.
We need contributors of writings, articles, position papers, essays, media reviews, artwork for future issues of this publication project. We anticipate publishing on a tri-annual schedule, at least for the first several issues. Any work submitted to Resistance Ecology for publication will not be used in any other way except with permission of the owner.
Currently, we do not have a projected date for our next issue, so we do not have a projected deadline for submissions. Nevertheless, we want to start seeking submissions sooner rather than later.
We would appreciate any and all proposals of content for this publication. Below is a list of topics that we would be interested in publishing.
In addition, any monetary donations made to us would be gratefully appreciated. This publication is one of several projects that we are trying to start and maintain as essential components of movement building, and we face a lot of costs. We are in the process of filing for 501(c)3 status with IRS, and any donations made to us in the interim are considered tax-exempt. If you are able, anything helps. Please email us for further information about how to make a donation. Also, if you would like to take out ad space in future issues of the publication, please contact us and we can discuss details.
Lastly, we are in the process of compiling information to build a network and map of grassroots organizations around the United States and Canada. We are trying to publish this to serve as a means of opening communication and shedding light on our collective existence. We hope it will be used as organizing and network building tool. If you are a organizer or member, or know of a particular organization that you think should be listed, please send us an email with the contact information of the group in question.
Thank you for your support,
Suggested Topics for Contribution:
– Perspectives on the “state of the movement”
– The “activist” identity & designation and its consequences
– Highlights from the work that you are a part of
– Reports from a particular action or ongoing campaign
– Stories from your activist or revolutionary history and past.
– Global movement news
– “How to” and “hands on” articles
– Organizing methodologies
– Decolonization of internal movement dynamics
– Historical & personal trauma and the revolutionary lifestyle
– Resisting political repression
– Class in social movements
– Gender in social movements
– Sexuality in social movements
– Identity in social movements
– Race & ethnicity and the animal rights and ecology movements of the US
– “Whiteness” and veganism
– Masculinity and animal rights
– Masculinity and ecology
– Eco-feminist theory
– The political economy of dissent
– Education & pedagogy as components of revolution
– Technology & liberation
– Security culture, critique & praxis
– Social networking, the internet, and its consequences.
– Creative, avant-garde, and novel ideas for creating coalescence and revolution.
– Perspectives on political violence: ethical, strategic, & tactical.
– Anarchism as hegemony in the political left.
– Moving beyond single political identifiers
– Political prisoners and prisoners of war
– Decolonization as ecological liberation
– Feminist interruptions of movement history and dynamics
– Intersectional theory and history
– Notions on the origins of power
– “Biopower” and ecological domination
– Critical theory, animal liberation, and radical ecology
– Perspectives on movement “ecologies”: deep, social, political, geographic, biologic
– Species and the construction of power”